A power electrical engineer and consultant with more than 30 years industry and utility experience. Previously a senior manager at a transmission utility followed by leading position at the national electricity regulator in New Zealand.
Expert in the design, specification and testing of High Voltage Transmission Systems, High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC), Power Electronic and System Protection Schemes
Detailed knowledge of the regulatory frameworks and economic principles relating to the provision of transmission services.
Review of major transmission system enhancements including both capital expenditure and economic justification.
- control system replacement
- transmission capacity upgrades
- factory testing
- transformer thermal modelling
- cable and overhead line dynamic ratings
- wind-farm connections
- STATCOM specification and testing
- regulatory frameworks and economic principles for transmission services
- experienced in:
- Power system frequency control
- Network reactive power control
- Transmission planning
- System operation
- Dynamic cable rating
- Variable line rating
- Expert evidence and expert witness