Lord Consulting - About Us
The Company - An Introduction:
Established in 1996, LORD Consulting plays a pivotal role in the Electrical and Power Industries throughout Australasia. We operate primarily in Australia and New Zealand but are happy to assist clients internationally.
Founder and Director, Mr Trevor Lord, is a tertiary-qualified electrical engineer and third generation in his family as a service provider to the electrical and power industries.
The Company is an active Collective Member of Cigre and a regular attendee at major Industry events internationally, ensuring currency and accuracy of its advice and guidance.
LORD Consulting offers the Australasian power industry a unique level of service in quality and diversity, including:
- Development, review, and implementation of power asset management policies, specifications, and practices.
- Preparation of electrical infrastructure Asset Management Plans to the Internationally-recognised ISO 55000 asset management standard, and assisting with developing strategies and processes for their successful implementation as required.
- Assistance in establishing both on-line monitoring and condition-based maintenance philosophies.
- Environmental compliance in the use of Power Industry technologies, particularly SF6 gas
- Preparation and review of tender specifications.
- Training of power industry technicians in a comprehensive range of disciplines.
- Industry forums, Conferences, and regular news dissemination's to promote and develop the highest possible standards of Industry practice.
- Assistance with client business and marketing development strategies to maximise the profit and / or goal potential of LORD services.
For the Australasian power industry to achieve , through our expertise and commitment to a 'total solutions' industry-focused service, an internationally enviable level of "best practice" in asset reliability, longevity, safety, environmental compliance, and realised stakeholder expectations.
The focus of LORD Consulting is the provision of informed, peer-reviewed, and relevant consultancy in the field of asset condition management. The service is primarily directed to assisting the owners of power industry assets.
LORD Consulting is committed to providing the best available training and commissioning support for all our services. Training is focused on meeting the client's particular business objective for that service or product. Training programmes are tailored to the client's circumstances and can be provided on site or in other facilities as required. Assessment and Certificates of Competency are often an integral part of our training programmes. We also provide regular industry forums to promote new ideas and a better standard of, and commitment to, industry best practice.
Consultancy Services Offered by LORD Consulting:
LORD Consulting offers the Australian and New Zealand power, mining, infrastructure, and process industries a unique range of asset condition management consulting solutions covering power transformers, switchgear, SF6 gas management, cables, batteries, transmission lines, and protection relays.
On-line monitoring condition assessment technologies are a specialty area of consultancy.
Peer review, gap analyses, and assistance with power asset maintenance, purchase, & specification documentation is also offered.
Where relevant, consultancy services are presented with a relevance to the asset management guideline ISO 55000.
LORD Consulting has its own in-house intellectual property for asset condition management of power systems assets and, from our associated company LORD Civil (www.lordcivil.com), the management of buried infrastructure.
Training services in the effective condition management and asset condition inspection or monitoring are provided to clients in Australia and New Zealand.
Consultancy services offered in the areas of expertise outlined below include (but are not limited to):
- Preparation, and peer review, to ISO 55000 of Asset Management Plans for MV and HV assets
- Implementation of appropriate Asset Management processes
- Gap analysis studies against 'best practice'
- Advice on most economic means of upgrading current maintenance practice
- Prioritisation of maintenance and monitoring programmes to meet stakeholder expectations
- Training of staff to obtain the best possible outcomes in asset management techniques
- Formal condition reports of power system plant based upon supplied ( or determined ) information
- Advice on appropriate asset condition assessment techniques to meet desired corporate of strategic outcomes
- Incident or failure investigations on power systems assets
- Environmental and 'carbon footprint' minimisation techniques, specialising in SF6 gas
- Safety issues when working near energised power systems assets.
Areas of expertise in the management of MV and HV power assets include (but by no means limited to):
- Power cables (best practice in specification, laying, commissioning, fault location, tracing and location, and condition assessment).
- Transformers (best practice in life management and condition assessment techniques)
- Switchgear, all types (best practice in life management and condition assessment techniques)
- Batteries (best practice in life management and condition assessment techniques)
- MV and HV insulators (best practice in life management and condition assessment techniques)
- Metering Concepts (smart and conventional)
- Generator and Large Motor management
- Power Quality
- Power System asset failure mechanisms
Technologies in which LORD specialises include:
- On-line monitoring and condition assessment for all power assets
- Off-line testing, condition assessment, and fault-finding for all power assets
- Partial Discharge (on and off-line)
- Corona and corona management
- SF6 gas management
- Insulating oil management
- Pole management
- Insulator inspection
- Animal deterrents near MV plant
- MV and HV pressure testing
- Power Quality
- Earthing system assessment